Get ready to glow!
A mild chemical peel is a non-invasive technique for restoring wrinkled, blemished, unevenly pigmented, or sun-damaged facial skin. Chemical peels can be used on various areas of the body, the most common areas being the face, back and chest. It is most commonly performed for cosmetic reasons to enhance your appearance and your self confidence.
Chemical peel treatments are recommended if you notice any Indications of:
• Facial blemishes
• Uneven skin pigmentation
• Soften acne facial scars
• Control acne
• Dull, flat, "tired-looking" skin
• Brown spots and age spots
• Discoloration from acne
• Sun damaged skin
• Rough, dry skin
A chemical peel treatment consists of applying a chemical solution to peel away the skin's damaged outer layers. The new cells and collagen are stimulated during the healing process to produce a smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin surface.It is important to note that a peel does not eliminate sagging or excess skin. Depending on peel depth it is possible to regenerate the skin reducing imperfections caused by UV light exposure,acne or normal aging. New cells will be healthier and more youthful in appearence.
• The procedure takes approximately 20 minutes
• A minimal amount of redness and tingling develops, which ends within one hour.
• Within two to five days, a light peeling is faintly visible and lasts about five days.
• A series of six peels is suggested, administered at two week intervals.
• If you have a history of herpes, you should inform your technician prior to the procedure.
Non-Resorcinol Jessner chemical Peel
The jessner peel is a light chemical cosmetic peeling treatment used to superficially exfoliate the skin. This active solution assists in drying Acne lesions,reducing Acne scarring, cleaning the skin of blackheads, smoothes fine lines, reduces light wrinkles, evens the skin tone and texture, and lightens pigment disorders.
The Jessner Peel formula is made from salicylic acid, lactic acid, Glycolic, and Ethanol.
The Jessner Peel can improve upon such skin problems as brown discoloration and blemishes, acne, and sun damaged and weathered skin. Although it can penetrate more deeply into the epidermal layers of the skin, the Jessner Peel is gentler than other chemical peels like the TCA peel. Thus, patients can return to normal activities more quickly.
Your technician applies a glycolic cleanser on your face prior to the Jessner Peel treatment to remove oils so that the peel will penetrate your skin. When the Jessner Peel solution is applied to your face, you will feel a slight burning sensation and you will develop a white hue in the face, which will go away after several hours. Your skin should peel and flake for the next 7 days and might turn light shades of pink or brown. We advise that you NEVER pick at the flaking skin as it can cause scarring or infection. Moisturizing will minimize the peeling.
After your skin heals, smooth, beautiful skin will be revealed! The Jessner Peel can be applied 2 to 3 times per year depending on the recommendation from your technician.
YOUR COMPLIANCE PRE-PEEL
1. Discontinue Accutane six months prior to the peel.
2. Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products three days prior to the peel.
3. Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies.
4. Persons with allergies to aspirin, salicylates, cigarette smokers, pregnant or lactating
women should not have this peel.
5. Pre-treat skin 4 weeks prior to the peel using prescribed Institut’ DERMed Lightening
6. Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or any other skin irritants 24 hours
7. Do not shave, use depilatories, wax or have electrolysis the day of the peel.
8. If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned the peel must be rescheduled.
9. Report all medication taken the day of the peel.
10. Optional: take a couple of Tylenol or Advil the day of the peel to calm physical sensitivity.
YOUR COMPLIANCE POST-PEEL
1. Avoid direct sun exposure and apply Sun Protective Cream 30 minutes prior to sun
2. Avoid strenuous exercise 48 hours post-peel.
3. Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin.
4. For at least one week post-peel do not use exfoliators, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide or
any other skin irritants.
5. Do not shave, tweeze or wax.
6. Resume home care products as directed by your Skin Care Specialist.
7. On day 7 schedule an appointment for the Herbal Enzyme Peel.
For more information on the Non-Resorcinol Chemical Jessner Peel, please call Monalisa Laser and Esthetics at (613) 422-0585.
top of page
For optimum results, we recommend a series of 4-8 treatments of any Medical Peels
Buy 6 of any Medical Peels (of equal value) and get the 7th free